Welcome to e-include, the e-journal of Inclusion Europe.
|Funded by||European Commission - Directorate General Employment, Social Affairs and Equal Opportunities as part of the "PROGRESS" programme|
|Project Coordinator||atempo GmbH (Austria)|
Inclusion Ireland (Ireland)
Associazione Provinciale/Lebenshilfe Südtirol (Italy)
Viltis - Lithuanian Welfare Society for Persons with Mental Disability (Lithuania)
PORAKA - Republic Center for support of persons with intellectual disability (Macedonia)
|Expert administrative authority||
Department 13 of the office of the Carinthian Provincial Government
|Partner for evaluation, documentation and publication||Inclusion Euorpe|
|Dissemination partner||European Association of Service Providers for Persons with Disabilities
“UNIQ” is one of 8 European projects within the Progress programme which aims at spreading tried-and-tested methods for the definition, improvement and measuring of the quality of social services in member countries.
- Analysis of existing models of user involvement in the definition, description and evaluation of quality of social services in Europe, with main focus to residential (long-term-care) services for people with disabilities.
- Test user-evaluation on the basis of the Nueva user-evaluation model.
- Discussion in terms of usability and transferability of the Nueva model within quality circles.
- Production of Guidelines for implementation of user evaluation in European countries and production of a Video (barrier free DVD) for the dissemination of the project experiences.
- Establishment of a long-lasting network of partner organisations who want to implement user-evaluation in their areas and to carry out the Nueva model as well as to contribute to a further development of this model.
The UNIQ partnership has collected and published the findings out of the UNIQ project in:
- An analysis report which concludes that the different existing approaches have to undergo significant further development and change to reach the standards of user involvement in quality evaluation that have been reached by the Nueva system.
- A brochure available in German, English, Norwegian and Czech and in an easy to read version
More information on the UNIQ project can be found at www.nueva-network.eu