Welcome to e-include, the e-journal of Inclusion Europe.
|Funded by||European Commission - Directorate General Employment and Social Affairs|
|Project coordinator||Fenacerci (Portugal)|
HFT - Home Farm Trust (United Kingdom)
Inclusion Europe (Belgium)
The European Institute for the Media (Germany)
Fenacerci also had 2 national partners:
RTP (Radio and Television of Portugal);
Escola Superior de Comunicaçăo Social (National Advanced School of Social Communication in Portugal).
The Media should create and strengthen partnerships with associations of people with disabilities, in order to improve the portrayal of disabled people in mass media. Therefore, the project partners wanted to create a close collaboration with relevant media professionals in order to:
- Increase their level of recognition, and respect for people with learning disabilities as equal partners;
- Ensure they internalise effective ways of working with people with learning disabilities;
- Inform and raise awareness among them about self advocacy and its fundamental role in empowering people with learning disabilities to live real lives;
- Improve the recognition of the rights and skills of citizens with learning disability and the need for their active participation in developing positive imagery, avoiding prejudice and building a more inclusive society across Europe.
In the framework of this project, partners have produced several tools:
- A toolkit for media professionals with techniques and strategies about working with people with learning disabilities;
- A toolkit for people with learning disabilities with techniques and strategies about working with the media;
- Model multimedia materials (video clips, broadcast on TV) that portray a positive image of people with learning disabilities (not available);
- Advertising leaflet with general information about the project;
- Information, programmatic contenders and short videotape films of the workshops
For more information about this project please visit our website: www.inclusion-europe.org